I’m so glad you’re taking time to honor your family and are exploring ways to hold onto the little moments you love most.
I’ll help simplify the whole process by breaking down how we get from our first conversation to scheduling your photo session to making your home even more inviting with family images.
A Pleasant Photo Session Experience
We’ll get together for about an hour as I encourage your family to give each other BIG hugs or tickles, whisper secrets, play silly games, or maybe even read a favorite story together — all sure ways to get you and your kids to feel comfortable and laugh.
Planning a Smooth Session
- Let’s start with having a chat so I can get a better picture of your photography needs.
- I’ll offer tips to coordinate your families outfits for the photo session, but my best advice is to keep it simple and neutral!
Best Time of Day for Ideal Lighting
The absolute ideal time to have your photo session outdoors is 1 hour before the sun sets. As the sun sets, it creates a soft glowing light that is just so flattering, it’s known in the photography world as the “golden hour”. The golden hour changes throughout the year, so I’ve made a rough timeline of when it’s most recommended to schedule your session start time.
- Apr 5:45 – 6:15 pm
- May 6:30 – 6:45 pm
- Jun 6:45 –7 pm
- Jul 6:45 – 7 pm
- Aug 6 – 6:45 pm
- Sep 5:15 – 6 pm
- Oct 4:15 – 4:45 pm
- Nov 3:15 – 4:30 pm
- Dec 3:15 – 3:30 pm
Beautiful Locations in Central NJ that Won’t Disappoint
- Manasquan Resevoir in Howell has a vast tranquil body of water that nicely reflects bare trees growing out of it.
- Allaire State Park in Wall Township is a historic village perfect for holiday photos in front of various historic buildings.
- Spring Lake Beach in Spring Lake where you can enjoy bare feet in the sand, ocean breeze and the sound of waves crashing and perfect glowing light at sunset.
- Historic Smithville in Eastampton also has charming historic buildings and still body of water to photograph in front of.
- Rosedale Park in Pennington right is another great spot with a peaceful lake and if we’re lucky there’s a white swan that can sometimes be spotted in the lake in the background of the images.
- Mercer County Park in West Windsor is another picturesque park with a lake.
Scheduling your session
$150 will reserve your session date.
Bringing Your Images to Life
Images are no fun sitting on your devices or forgotten about in your desk drawer. They should be held, looked at, admired now, re-visited later.
To chat or book a session, contact me!